9.19.2006

It's a love, hate relationship

After recovering from a relapse of podfade, I have decided that podcasting is just not my schtick anymore. I know I said I'd try not to end up like Zee and Zed, but what can I say, blogging is a lot easier (because everyone knows I'm a total lazy-bum) and it's more convenient to do on my laptop, and it lets me work on stuff in a few sessions of a few minutes at a time, instead of devoting myself to an hour to do a show. I have recorded two episodes, and I will try to post them, even thought they're from a month ago, because I feel its my duty to deliver them from you, plus I don't want all that work to be for nothing.

So, I'm not gonna catch the blog up or anything, I'm just gonna start up with myself, right here and now. Well, maybe just a little background from the beginning of the month (since school started):
-I'm 15, in tenth grade at POBJFKHS
I guess that's all the background you need. So, right into it.

Things I Love

School stinks, and I'm officially not excited about it anymore. Too much work, crowded hallways, having to stay extra-specially late after school, not having a lunch period, it's all too much.

The only thing I do like, even love, about school is history. We're learning about sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth century absolute monarchs in Europe. And I LOVE IT!!! Everyone is mopy and complaining, and I'm basking in the glory of the Peace of Westphalia and the thirty years war, absorbing every little detail about Louis XIV, Ivan the Terrible, the Bourbons and the Hapsburgs, and Frederick the Great. It's amazing. And that's why I'm a history nerd.

Plus global is my "lunch period", so that's just one more thing to look forward too.

I'd love to write a memoir. I have no reasonable explaination for this urge, but it's growing insatiable, and I hope blogging will get me on my way, allowing me to develop and hone my story telling skills (and to bide the time until I have real stories to tell), so that when I'm ready to begin my book, I'll be a veritable raconteur.

I've been waiting for a chance to slip that word into casual conversation.

I love ice cream. My dream flavor: peanut butter, cookie dough, cake batter, caramel, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and fudge stripes, in brown sugar vanilla ice cream. I've got no clue what I would call it, except for artery clogging goodness.

I love House. Well, I used to love House, it's kind of lost it's glamour and excitement, that je ne sais quoi. And although I still want to be House, and although House still has his charm, the medical stuff has gone down the tubes. And that's really the meat of the show, is it not? So, I guess when Gilmore Girls premeires next week, I won't be so torn as to which show to watch after all.

One Thing I Hate

My Hair. It's frizzy when I want it to be flat, flat when i want it thicker, stays wavy no matter how many times I run it through the straightener, and when it's humid outside, forget about it. And I spend hours trying to figure out new hairstyles, only to wind up with the same one I had when I started.

Sorry, just needed to vent a tad.

Oh, and if anything in this post is gramtically incorrect, or just spelled wrong tell me. I won't be offended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home